Monday, June 23, 2008

Time Warner Cable sucks

Today as I'm trying to pull an article off Usenet, I get the following message:



I go to the FAQs and man was that helpful:

I cannot access Road Runner Newsgroups or download articles?
As of June 23, 2008, Road Runner will no longer offer Newsgroups, however users can subscribe on their own to third party News providers.

Why is Road Runner discontinuing their own Newsgroups service?
Due to low subscriber usage Road Runner has decided to discontinue Newsgroups service as of June 23, 2008.

If I still want a news service, what can I do?
Subscribers can choose to use a third party service and purchase on their own through that service. There are many providers with offerings, as an example here are several providers:

* Easynews
* Newshosting
* UsenetServer

When is the last day that Road Runner Newsgroups service will be available?
Newsgroups service will cease on June 23, 2008.

How about being notified BEFORE the service is terminated?

No comments: