Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Power of Mints

I was out Christmas shopping yesterday and because I live in New York but am originally from France, I was looking for gift ideas for friends and family from the other side of the pond in tourists stores on Times Square when I stumbled on this:




My first question was what is it doing in this store? Do they think that some random tourist is going to walk in and say "Hey, nothing says New York City like a box of Nintendo Power Mints!" and second why would Nintendo even license such a product?

Anyway, I love them but it seems so improbable and made for such a tiny niche market, you can't help but wondering.

The NES pad is just a regular mint not even that strong and the blue Shroom contains blue raspberry sours but not that sour either.

1 comment:

Ben Bowman (The Producer) said...

I picked up a box of these as a Christmas present for a Nintendo fanatic friend of mine. Found 'em at Urban Outfitters. Not nearly worth the $5 I spent, but the box alone is cool.